Local services in and around Newark that can help you – more details about what
they can offer on the other side of this sheet … but first, some tips ….
- Keep your vaccinations up to date and attend your GP surgery for
your annual review when invited.
- If you care for someone, go on the Carers Register via your GP
- Use your pharmacy or call 111 for advice.
- Newark Hospital is focused on ensuring that wherever possible
local people receive their care in Newark.
- Prevent falls and stay safe by having a tidy up.
- Make sure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
- Get some handrails if you have mobility or balance problems.
- Get a Careline personal alarm, that you wear and can alert
someone if you need help.
- Keep warm by improving your home energy efficiency and move
- Reach out to friends, family, or your community if you need support.
- Keep your mind and body active and make changes that help you
enjoy a better quality of life.
- Help others by volunteering or joining a group.
- Make sure you are getting all the
income you are entitled to.
- Review your finances, make
sure you’re not paying for
things you don’t need or use.
Produced by representatives of local
organisations for people across Newark