So much more than tea and cake…
Since setting up GEM in February this year the range of activities on offer has increased steadily, as has the numbers of visitors we welcome each week.
A typical GEM session includes:
- A welcome cuppa and unlimited drinks throughout the session
- A quiz
- Craft activities – marble painting, bark collage, stone animals, hedgehogs from paperback books, lavender bags, cards, paper flowers
- A raffle
- Games – indoor boules, dominoes, outdoor croquet, bingo, giant jenga
- Chair based fitness sessions with Adam from Gorilla Fitness
- A gentle walk
- Lunch – soup in winter or quiche, salad and potatoes in summer, always followed by homemade cake
Why not come along and join us?
There is no pressure to join in any activity and if you just want to come along for food and friendship that is absolutely fine.
Sessions are 10am to 1pm, alternating each week between Collingham Phoenix Hall on Station Road on Tuesdays and South Scarle Community Centre on Wednesdays.
Sessions are free but if you can afford it a voluntary donation of £3 will help us cover the costs of food and hall rental.
If needed Collingham Village Care will provide free transport.
To book please ring Collingham Village Care (Jean or Belinda) on 07954 409049 and they can reserve your place and arrange transport if required.